Under general direction, responsible for the solicitation, analysis and interpretation of technical data relating to the procurement of all goods and/or services for MRCOG. Review and coordinate complex purchasing requests, including informal requests for quotes, Request for Bids (RFB's) and Request for Proposals (RFP's). This position will independently handle projects for all purchases within assigned signature authority.
- Issue Purchase Orders, RFB's, RFP's and other documents related to the procurement of goods and services. Provide training and guidance to user departments and the public regarding informal procurements, RFB/RFP specifications, contract development, and regulation issues.
- Evaluate and analyze documentation to be considered in determining the responsiveness of RFB's and RFP's. Determine vendor responsiveness, responsibility, and negotiate, prepare and route contracts for goods, and services, ensure quality and warranties of goods and services.
- Serve on evaluation committees as required. Coordinate and conduct pre-proposal and pre-bid meetings for formal procurements. Ensure an effective and open procurement process. Compile documentation required in responding to all protests filed, formal and informal.
- Evaluate justification analysis for all sole source and emergency procurements.
- Prepare written and oral reports, and make recommendations to Management on nonperformance, violations, complaints, breach of contracts and other legal procurement issues. Assist in development, implementation and communication of procurement policies and procedures; recommend updates to policies based on new legislation and recommend quality standards and specifications.
- Maintain specification files and vendor compliance files. Maintain all procurement related computer systems and manual files. Scan and index all procurement related documents.
- Ensure procurement procedures are in compliance with NMSA Procurement code and other applicable internal and external requirements, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline plus four (4) years work experience at a professional level in procurement or related field required, OR any combination of post-secondary education and/or experience totaling eight (8) years in the above field may be substituted. Must be able to obtain CPO certification with 6 months.
- Knowledge of purchasing principles, practices, procedures, and techniques; State and Federal purchasing regulations and procurement methods. Ability to research applicable Federal regulations if necessary.
- Ability to solicit and interpret technical data in order to prepare bids and proposals and ensure that goods and services purchased meet required specifications, terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, and techniques of contract administration, including the ability to prepare moderately complex contracts, agreements, specifications, bids, proposals and other reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public agencies, the public, and management.
- Ability to operate a variety of types of office equipment including computer. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish objectives, recommend procedures and/or methods for cost effective procurement and contract programs.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to Eric Gutierrez. Position will remain open until filled.
Mail/Drop Off: 809 Copper Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87120
MRCOG is an equal opportunity employer. Late letters of interest will not be considered.