Turning Movement Counts
COVID-10 Travel Restrictions
Considering the recent COVID-19 stay-at-home orders and related travel restrictions, regional transportation professionals in the region have determined that current data-counting efforts in support of new project proposals would not be representative of actual traffic conditions. Although this situation is temporary, resumption of normal traffic patterns is uncertain at this time; therefore, during this interim timeframe the following turning movement count reports (conducted prior to the travel restrictions and where geographically representative) may be used for initial analysis to identify representative conditions of area traffic.
It is important to note that all analysis must be coordinated directly with local agency guidance and consultation. Studies will be handled on a case-by-case basis upon agreement with reviewing agencies, and in an effort to identify representative conditions of area traffic should include additional data sources for project analysis and impact mitigation efforts.
Although turning movement counts are not collected by MRCOG, local agencies require detailed Traffic Impact Analysis reports as part of their development review processes. Typically conducted by a consultant or consultant team, these reports include detailed traffic counting reports on volume and intersection turning movements. These data are often combined with MRCOG count reports for the assessment of traffic conditions and associated impacts of developments. The group of MRCOG member agencies with these responsibilities will now provide MRCOG these reports for use in analysis as appropriate.
NMDOT, District 3 Turning Movement Counts
- Chappell & Pan American Frontage Rd (SB)_09122018
- Comanche & Pan American Frontage Rd (NB)_09112018
- Comanche & Pan American Frontage Rd (SB)_09112018
- Jefferson & Pan American Frontage Rd (NB)_09112018
- Jefferson & Pan American Frontage Rd (SB)_09112018
- Luecking Park Ave & Pan American Frontage Rd (NB)_09112018
- Midtown & Pan American Frontage Rd (SB)_09112018
- Montgomery & Culture_09112018
- Montgomery & Pan American Frontage Rd (NB)_09112018
- Montgomery & Pan American Frontage Rd (SB)_09112018
- Pan American Fwy & Montgomery_09112018
- Vassar & Pan American Frontage Rd (NB)_09112018