FFY 2024-2029 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Development
Development of New FFY 2024-2029 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
MRMPO is in the process of developing the first draft of the FY 2024-2029 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Albuquerque Metropolitan Planning Area (AMPA). Various member agencies within the AMPA have prepared and submitted project proposals for MPO staff to review and evaluate through the Project Prioritization Process as part of project selection for the FFY 2024-2029 TIP.
Project proposals comprise of transit enhancements and expansion, bicycle and pedestrian improvements, roadway improvements, safety improvements, intelligent transportation system enhancements, and studies/data collection. For more information on the basic TIP development process, please contact us at TIPcomments@mrcog-nm.gov.
Project Submittal List
- ABQ Ride - Bus Stop Facilities Improvements
- ABQ Ride - Transit Facility Rehabilitation
- ABQ RIDE - Transit Planning
- ABQ Ride - Transit Technology Upgrade
- ABQ RIDE - Uptown Transit Center Redevelopment
- ABQ RIDE - Vehicles & Equip. Purchase
- Transit Enhancements
- Transit Security Equipment Upgrade
- UNM/ CNM/ Sunport BRT Implementation Phase 2
- AMPA Wide Bicycle Facilities /Activities/ Programs
- AMPA Wide ITS Equipment Upgrades and Design Program
- ITS-ABQ ASTPM Montgomery / Montano
- San Mateo Fiber & Traffic Safety Improvements
- Unser Widening from PdN to Rainbow
- Vision Zero Traffic Safety Program Initiatives
- West Central Complete Streets Saraccino to 98th Street
- East West Corridor Soil Mitigation Improvement Phase I
- East West Corridor Soil Mitigation Improvement Phase II
- NM 6 and Edeal Rd. to E-W Corridor Phase 1 Bike and Pedestrian Trail Improvements
- NM 6 from Jubilee Blvd. to EL Cerro de Los Lunas Trailhead Bike and Pedestrian Trail Improvements
- NM 6 from Lujan Rd. to Rio Grande Bridge Roadway and ADA Sidewalk Improvement
- NM 6 from Sand Sage Rd. to I-25 Roadway and ADA Sidewalk Improvement and Soil Mitigation
- NM 6/ NM 47 ADA Sidewalk Improvement Project (Lujan Road to Valencia Road)
Next steps in the TIP development process include staff review and analysis, project scoring and ranking, and coordinating weekly TIP development meetings in early February 2023. Next steps for our member agencies include working with MPO staff to answer any questions or concerns around project proposals and developing project presentations for the weekly TIP development meetings that will take place in February and March 2023.
MRMPO anticipates reviewing final scores and project ranks after the conclusion of agency presentations, scheduled for late February or early March. MRMPO will allow agencies some time to review their scores and will also allow agencies to contest if needed. In March and April, MRMPO staff will present MPO recommendations and develop draft TIP scenarios with the Transportation Program Technical Group (TPTG). This was a successful exercise during the previous TIP development and will be implemented once again.