Manufacturing, Assembly and Logistics
With the proximity to air, freight, rail and interstate highway, the region is strategically located to be a site for manufacturing, assembly or transport of electronics, food, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, aircraft and energy components, medical devices, environmental technologies, and resources for the oil and gas industry, in addition to any other good needing processing and distribution.
- Develop a logistics hub that brings assembly jobs to the region and makes the Albuquerque metro area, with its access to rail, highway, and air transport, an inland port.
- Capitalize on the rail infrastructure in the region and increase commercial rail-related economic activity.
- Support pipeline programs connecting employers with skilled workforce, such as ACE High School, CNM, etc.
- Increase recruitment efforts of manufacturing businesses to relocate to this region.
- Continue to support a robust closing fund or Local Economic Development Act program.
- Support expanded programs for existing business development.
Albuquerque Economic Development, Sandoval Economic Alliance, Estancia Valley Economic Development Association, New Mexico Partnership, Manufacturing Extension Partnership; Workforce Connection of Central New Mexico; ACE Charter High School, Central New Mexico Community College, ABC Trade Alliance, COA Econ Development and Aviation Depts, Belen Economic Development, BNSF, Valencia County Economic Development, Public Service Company of New Mexico.
- An increase in the number of new or expanded manufacturing companies to the total number of manufacturers.
- A public and/or private transportation and logistics hub or facility for assembly and transport of goods.
- An increased number of direct and non-stop flights to and from major cities.
- An increase in the number of manufacturers awarded JTIP.
- An increase in the amount of JTIP money.
- An increase in the number of employees based on increases in JTIP.
- An increase in the number of manufacturing employees.
- An increase in the number of bonded warehouses and customs brokers.