Economic Development Administration Funding
MRCOG also assists with preparation of EDA funding applications and staff are available to conduct EDA grant administration. Examples of recent EDA-funded projects in SPDD 3.
- ACCION: $1,750,000 for the construction of a three-state headquarters building
- All Indian Pueblo Council: $1,000,000 for sewer and water infrastructure at the historic Indian School site to spur job creation and private investment in an underdeveloped area
- First Choice Community Healthcare: $1,000,000 to develop the South Valley Health Commons and a workforce training pipeline of health workers.
- InnovateABQ/STC.UNM: $1,500,000 to purchase land at Broadway and Central to develop a technology and innovation district.
- KESHET: $1,000,000 to purchase and develop the Keshet Ideas and Innovation Center (KIIC) performing arts incubator.
- MRCOG: $180,000 Planning Grant for three years (2016-2018)
- New Mexico Community Capital: $350,000 for the Impact New Mexico Business Growth Services program-providing entrepreneurial support for small businesses in rural and underserved areas of New Mexico
- Sandia Science and Technology Park: $1,100,000 for infrastructure improvements to enable more retail and services
- Santo Domingo Pueblo: $1,000,000 for the rehabilitation and construction of historic trading post
- University of New Mexico: $1,100,000 for construction of the 3rd bay of a clean room at the Manufacturing Technology Training Center
- WESST: $1,250,000 to construct the WESST Enterprise Center in Downtown Albuquerque
Coordination & Communication
MRCOG works with all of the many economic development organizations in the region to promote and facilitate coordination among the numerous entities.